Every Jeep driver loves the feeling of roaming on the road with the top off in order to enjoy the sunshine, wind, and air of the fresh nature. This is the very Jeep feeling that only Jeep drivers can understand. Jeep is the king of the off-roading vehicle which is not only built to go anywhere but it is also designed to enjoy the moments on the road to the fullest. That’s why Jeep model always comes with removable parts of the vehicle. In case you don’t know how to take off the hardtop or soft top, this article will make things become easier by showing detailed guideline of Jeep Wrangler hardtop removal and give you the bonus of Jeep soft top removal one person as well.
Let’s start with the steps of hardtop removal first. Although the hardtop is quite big, it’s very easy to take it off if you follow the right instructions. It is estimated that all steps can be done within 30 minutes. You need to have the Jeep toolkit and someone to help you lift the top off.
Jeep Wrangler Hardtop Removal Instructions
– Step 1: Unhook all the latches and levers. Starting with the driver’s side and working left to right, move the sun visor out of the way and pull down the latch located underneath it.
– Step 2: Take off the freedom panels. You can stop there if you want to just have the front portion of the top removed.
– Step 3: Disconnect a wiring harness and windshield washer fluid line of both sides. Go with the driver’s side wiring connection first, then do the same with the other side.
– Step 4: Remove three T50 Torx bits that are under the rear glass of the hardtop of both sides. Use the ratchet with the T50 Torx bit to remove these bolts. Start with the driver’s side first and repeat the process for the other side.
– Step 5: Remove the two T50 Torx bolts holding the top of the Wrangler hardtop.
– Step 6: Remove the hardtop. Ask someone to help you lift the top up from the bottom to remove it safely.
These are all the steps of how to take the hardtop off Jeep Wrangler. Now, you are ready to enjoy your off-roading without any barriers.
Jeep Wrangler Soft top Removal Instructions
– Step 1: Unclip the sun visors and move them to the side. Lift up on the header latches above the windshield frame to release them from the loops.
– Step 2: On the outside of the Wrangler, unzip and remove the quarter windows and store them somewhere safe so that they don’t get scratched or wrinkled.
– Step 3: Remove the rear window from the Wrangler by unzipping the zipper from the right side to the left side and store it somewhere safe.
– Step 4: Pull down to release the Rear Sail Flaps on the rear corners of the Wrangler and fold them neatly onto the top of the soft top.
– Step 5: Walk back to the front seats of your Wrangler and locate the latch pedals above the door jams on each side. Press down to release the side bows. For 4-door Wranglers only: There is an extra step after releasing the latch pedals. Locate the Sunrider® Links on top of the Wrangler and push down on the latches to release it.
– Step 6: Pull the soft top back in an accordion (W) style and tuck in the material neatly. Done.
Now you know everything about Jeep Wrangler hardtop removal and even clear the steps of removing the soft top as well. All the things you need are to have the Jeep toolkit and follow the instructions carefully. If you find any serious trouble in getting your top removed on your Jeep Wrangler, it’s better to call the Jeep repair shop or Jeep service. Then, they will show you how to deal with the problem and give you the helpful advice for avoiding the same issue in the upcoming time. Have a great Jeeping, buddies.
The references of this article: www.cjponyparts.com and www.saffordofspringfield.com